The structure is founded on piles made of reinforced concrete and it is a combination of monolithic and prefabricated structures. It has a roof made of steel, which covers the area for the audience. The facades are provided with thermal insulation, with a trowel finished plaster. The partition walls are bricked with Liapor in order to prevent sound transmission, as well as with ceramic partition-wall bricks or gypsum plasterboard. The spectators will get to their seats via stairs made of prefabricated elements of reinforced-concrete. The other floors in the auditorium are made of concrete, with an anti-skid epoxy coating. VIP boxes are equipped with a glazed front wall.
The multi-functional facility Eden is situated in Eden, Prague 10 – Vršovice. On the north, it is delimited by the Vladivostocká street; on the south, it is delimited by a railway track (in the future, there will be a Slavia train stop); on the west, it is delimited by the U Slavie street; and on the east it is delimited by training sports grounds. It is 4.1 kilometres distant from the centre of the city (the National Museum), which is a 7-minute drive if the traffic is fluent.
Building permit: 9 June 2004
Construction starting date: 15 September 2006
Expected completion date: 20 March 2008
The first event on the premises: 5 December 2007 (more information here)
Number of Storeys
- 6 (basement, ground floor + 4 storeys)
Offices, Shops and Hotel
- Shops: The ground floor of the west wing (the 1st above-ground storey); 800 square metres
- Offices: the 1st – 4th storey in the west wing; 2,400 square metres
- A hotel with the capacity of 150 rooms; the north wing
Capacity of the Stadium
- 21,000 sitting spectators in total; all seats are roofed. This includes:
- The Club Storey, a total of 666 seats
- 40 VIP boxes, a total of 400 seats
- Disabled persons: 42 seats (+42 seats for accompanying persons)
- 4 entrance corridors
- 36 entrances to the auditorium
- Red, folding seats
- VIP seats are grey, cushioned
Facilities for the Media
- 90 permanent seats for writing journalists + up to 100 additional seats, if necessary
- 3 television studios; one above the play area
- A mix zone
- A work room and a room for press conferences, equipped with AV technology
- 105 x 68 metres
- heated lawn
- 1 400 lux; light fixtures are installed in the roof
- 12 kiosks in the ground floor corridor in all platforms
- 2 kiosks in the corridor on the 2nd storey of the west platform
- 2 full-colour LED panels in the auditorium (7.68 metres long and 4.032 metres high) in the north-east and south-west corners
- 1 full-colour LED panel on the facade of the west wing (6.14 x 3.456 m)
- The play area is situated in the same place as in the old Eden, which means that one goal faces the Vladivostocká street; the other goal faces the railway track.
- The substitutes benches are also in the place where they used to be.
- The playing field is 5 metres below the level of the surrounding traffic routes; therefore Eden is a natural basin.
- The roof is fixed to pulling rods outside the auditorium; therefore not a single column obstructs the view.
- The suspended ceiling of the roof is made of Canadian cedar, whose age ranges from thirty to one hundred years.